Boost Up Breakfast
Don’t let breakfast be bland and boring. Boost it up with lots of variety and foods that pack major nutrition to keep your morning interesting and your energy high throughout the day!
Boost with protein to keep energy high
- Greek yogurt is packed with high quality protein, and has a great creamy texture that makes you feel like you are eating something devilish & decadent!
- Eggs add a great protein punch to a breakfast burrito or English muffin. Top with 2% reduced fat cheese for another bit of delicious protein.
- Skim milk and soy milk add fast protein to cereals, oatmeal and shakes on the run.
Boost with fruits & veggies for color, flavor, fiber & antioxidants
- Keep sliced/diced onions, red peppers, mushrooms and other favorite veggies in the fridge so you can add to scrambled eggs or a breakfast burrito in seconds.
- Stock your freezer with your favorite frozen fruits so you can add them to homemade oatmeal, yogurt and smoothies anytime.
- Don’t settle for less than 100% fruit juices.
Boost with grains to keep you feeling full
- Fiber from oatmeal keeps your intestines healthy, and helps to reduce risk of heart disease by lowering cholesterol levels naturally.
- Add whole grain cereals and granolas to yogurt for a crunch fiber boost.
- On the run? Grab a breakfast bar made with whole grains for a quick mid-morning snack.
Boost with supplements
- If you or your child is a picky eater, or tends to eat the same foods all the time, supplementing with a multivitamin is a good idea. It will help you to fill in potential nutritional gaps from a less than perfect diet.