Know Your Medication. Know Your BI-LO Pharmacist!
Your BI-LO pharmacist is your neighborhood medication expert. When you need help understanding the medication
prescribed by your doctor, your BI-LO pharmacist is there! To make sure you are safely managing your medications,
follow these tips.
- Keep a list of all medications, prescriptions, vitamins or other supplements that you take regularly, and keep this list with you at all times. This list could prove to be extremely helpful in the event of an emergency. It can also be useful when talking to your doctor or BI-LO pharmacist about medication interactions.
When your doctor prescribes a new medication, ask the following questions:
- What is the name of the medication?
- What is this medicine used for?
- What does it treat?
- What is the correct dosage or strength for me?
- How should I take this medication?
- What are the side effects?
- Always read the prescription label when you pick up your prescriptions, and ask your BI-LO pharmacist any questions you may have.
- Have all of your prescriptions filled at one BI-LO pharmacy if possible. This allows your pharmacist to have a clear understanding of your whole health record and monitor all of your prescriptions to ensure top-notch safety.