BI-LO recognizes our role as a responsible member of the communities we serve. We strive to support the people in our communities both through charitable works as well as through our responsible business practices.
BI-LO works hard to give back to our local communities through our charitable organization, BI-LO Charities Inc. BI-LO Charities partners with non-profit organizations throughout the Southeast on fundraising efforts to improve education, feed the hungry and enhance the lives of children. Learn more about how we give back through BI-LO Charities.
At BI-LO, we’re doing our part to minimize our carbon footprint and help protect the environment. Some of our green efforts include:
- Reusable shopping bags ($0.99 each) and use of 100% recycled paper and partially recycled plastic in our free shopping bags. We also feature in-store paper and plastic recycling centers for bags.
- Plastic and pallet wrap recycling and vendor program partnerships to reduce plastic consumption by more than 1 million pounds a year.
- Recycling of more than 30,000 tons of cardboard a year.
- Recycling of cell phones, fluorescent lamps, fryer oils, fats and bones.
- Energy-efficient lighting, heating and cooling systems in our stores and warehouses.
- Online hiring and application system, eliminating most paper and toner used for new hire forms.
- Wide variety of organic, natural and eco-friendly products, including Full Circle, our BI-LO brand of organic products.
- Locally grown produce requiring less energy to bring to market.
Many convenient in-store services (DVD rentals, floral shop, photo processing, ticket sales, etc.) reducing our customers’ gas consumption and carbon emissions.